Twenty-five new digital films will compete in the 2012 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition on July 20 to 29 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Greenbelt 3 Makati and Trinoma, Quezon City.
The 10 participating films in the New Breed full-length category are:
- Aparisyon by Vincent Sandoval;
- Ang Katiwala, Aloy Adlawan;
- Ang Nawawala, Marietta Jamora;
- Mga Dayo, Julius Sotomayor Cena;
- Diablo, Mes de Guzman;
- Intoy Syokoy ng Kalye Marino, Lemuel Lorca;
- Oros, Paul Sta. Ana;
- Requieme!, Loy Arcenas;
- Santa Niña, Emmanuel Quindo Palo; an
- The Animals, Gino Santos.
The five films under the Directors Showcase are:
- Bwakaw by Jun Robles Lana;
- Kalayaan (Wildlife), Adolfo Alix Jr.;
- MgaMumunting Lihim (Those Little Secrets), Jose Javier Reyes;
- Posas (Shackled), Lawrence Fajardo;
- Kamera Obskura, Raymond Red.
Meanwhile, the 10 films in the short film category are:
- Ang Paghihintay sa Bulong by Sigrid Andrea Bernardo;
- As He Sleeps, Sheron Dayoc;
- Balintuna, Emmanuel Escalona Jr.;
- Bohe Sons of the Waves, Nadjoua Bansil;
- Manenaya, Richard Legaspi;
- Pasahero, Mario Celada;
- Ruweda, Hannah Espia;
- Sarong Aldaw, Marianito Dio Jr.;
- Ulian (Senility), Chuck Gutierrez;
- Victor by Jarell Serencio.
For details, log on to www.cinemalaya.org.